WordPress is well-liked for its ease of installation. Generally, installing WordPress is a very simple process and it only takes less than 5 minutes for the installation completion. Some web hosts now offer tools like Fantastico which automatically install WordPress for you. Although, if you wish to install WordPress by yourself, the follow the following steps.
- Download WordPress package to your local computer system from WordPress website.(Unzip the downloaded file to the folder of your local computer.
- Upload the WordPress to the Hosting account via FTP or File Manager or via SSH.
- Create MySQL database and user. Database is a place where WordPress stores the information. Therefore, a database will need to be created. You need to log on to cPanel, in the database section click on the MySQL database icon. Then create database name and enter database user name and password.Select option Add user to the Database and click on All Privileges checkbox, then go for next step.
- Configure wp-config.php. The wp-config-sample.php file contains the database information and tells the WordPress application which database to pull information from.
- Run the installation. Open a new browser window and go to the installation page to run the installation script. Depending on where you installed the script.Replace “yourdomain.com” with your actual domain name.
- Complete the installation. Fill your site name, user name, password and email address.